Toasted Sandwich with a Twist
Terrific alone or with soup or salad, this savory sandwich has a sweet raisin crust and a mouthwatering ham-turkey-Swiss filling. “This is a little different from the typical grilled sandwich, My mother made it for dinner one evening, and I’ve loved it ever since,” says Lisa Davey of Columbus, Ohio. More Simple Sandwich Recipes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 slice deli ham (3/4 ounce)
- 2 slices deli turkey (1/2 ounce each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 1 slice Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce)
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the ham and turkey. Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Remove ham and turkey from skillet.
- On unbuttered side of one slice of bread, layer cheese, ham and turkey; top with remaining bread, buttered side up. In the skillet, toast sandwich for 1-2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 298 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Ham, Turkey and Swiss with a Twist in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008