Toasted PB & Banana Sandwiches
A sandwich worthy of Elvis himself, this grilled, finger-licking treat may surprise you, too, with its flavor. “I saw the recipe and thought 'no way'…but it's delicious!” &mash;Marian Pickett, Argyle, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- Cut each banana in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into four pieces. Spread peanut butter on bread. Place banana slices on four slices of bread; drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread.
- Spritz outsides of sandwiches with butter-flavored spray. In a large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat until golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.