VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk, optional
- In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, combine the oats, sunflower kernels and almonds. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until almonds are golden.
- Place dates and oat bran in a large bowl; stir to coat dates with oat bran. Add the toasted oat mixture, bran flakes, wheat germ, raisins and sugar; stir gently to combine. Serve with milk if desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Muesli in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p65