- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen beef ravioli, thawed
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh or pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk. Mix bread crumbs and taco seasoning in a separate shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In an electric or deep skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; immediately sprinkle with cheese. For sauce, in a small saucepan, heat enchilada sauce. Stir in sour cream until blended; heat through. Serve with ravioli and, if desired, jalapeno slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forToasted Mexican Ravioli
"Family loved these! I did over fry just a bit, going over suggested time. I will stick to recommendation next time."
"I only made one change- I used salsa instead of the enchilada sauce- great recipe!"
"These were amazing! I will be making them again! The breading had great flavor and the sauce is simple but perfect alongside these. I served them at a party and had lots of compliments."
"FANTASTIC!!! I really liked the breaded seasoning for the ravioli and my husband favored the dipping sauce. I will definitely be making these again."