Toasted Ham Salad Sandwiches
"I'm always looking for easy recipes that are good and different," comments Margaret DeLong of Gainesville, Florida. "This delightful grilled sandwich definitely meets those requirements."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1-1/3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon sliced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 16 slices bread
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Spread eight slices of bread with ham mixture (about 1/2 cup each). Top with cheese and the remaining bread. Spread butter on outsides of sandwiches. Cook on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Toasted Ham Salad Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.