Toasted Coconut Truffles
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and water; beat with a hand mixer until blended. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
2 each: 220 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 3, 2013
Just like Fannie May Trinidads!
Oct 30, 2009
I love coconut so I thought these needed more coconut. If I make them again I will adust the recipes to add more.