Toasted Coconut Truffles
Meet the Cook: "Ooh" and "Mmmm" are common comments when folks taste these delectable bites. Toasted coconut in the coating makes the truffles especially tempting. I always include them in my Christmas packages and gift containers, and my husband thinks they are just fabulous. He is a full-time agronomist, plus we grain farm with my father. Our children are 6, 4 and 2. -Beth Nagel, West Lafayette, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, finely chopped and toasted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Add the cream cheese, milk, vanilla and water; beat with a hand mixer until blended. Cover and refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating, stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 220 calories, 13g fat (9g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.