Toasted Coconut Milk Shakes
I created this recipe as a reminder of my oldest brother, Brad, a picky eater but one who loved any dessert with coconut. It has a short list of ingredients, but it's certainly tall on coconut flavor! —Laurie Hudson, Westville, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut milk, stirred before measuring then chilled
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut, stirred before measuring then chilled
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small skillet, cook and stir coconut over medium-low heat until toasted, 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place coconut milk, cream of coconut, 1/4 cup toasted coconut and ice cream in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into four glasses. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 502 calories, 30g fat (23g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Toasted Coconut Cream Milkshake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017