I created this recipe as a reminder of my oldest brother, Brad, a picky eater but one who loved any dessert with coconut. It has a short list of ingredients, but it's certainly tall on coconut flavor! —Laurie Hudson, Westville, Florida
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup coconut milk, stirred before measuring then chilled
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut, stirred before measuring then chilled
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- In a small skillet, cook and stir coconut over medium-low heat until toasted, 6-8 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place coconut milk, cream of coconut, 1/4 cup toasted coconut and ice cream in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into four glasses. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Coconut Milk Shakes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017