Toasted Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
“I created this recipe to use up leftovers in the fridge. It's great for hurry-up meals and is a hit with my family!” Mary Ann Lee - Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli coleslaw
- 8 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, thyme, parsley, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook ham and barbecue sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place ham and coleslaw on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 454 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1773mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Barbeque Ham Panini in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.