“I created this recipe to use up leftovers in the fridge. It's great for hurry-up meals and is a hit with my family!” Mary Ann Lee - Clifton Park, New York
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup deli coleslaw
- 8 slices white bread
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, thyme, parsley, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook ham and barbecue sauce over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place ham and coleslaw on four bread slices; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecued Ham Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p12
Reviews forToasted Barbecued Ham Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2015
"This turned into a soggy mess for me. I really think you need a heartier bread to hold the ingredients together."