Toasted Angel Food Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices angel food cake (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of cake; spread preserves on second slice. Place slices together, sandwich-style. Spread butter on outsides of cake.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until cake is lightly browned on both sides and cream cheese is melted. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 16, 2012
Delish! Made this with sugar-free strawberry preserves, too. That was my family's favorite flavor.
Mar 1, 2009
I'm not a fan of PLAIN angel food cake so this was a great way to doctor it up. My family loved it!