Toasted Angel Food Cake
"A scrumptious dessert just for one is even more satisfying if it's quick and easy like this fun treat," says Tammy Clark from Duvall, Washington. "I love the crusty chewy cake and warm raspberry filling."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices angel food cake (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of cake; spread preserves on second slice. Place slices together, sandwich-style. Spread butter on outsides of cake.
- In a large skillet or griddle, toast sandwiches until cake is lightly browned on both sides and cream cheese is melted. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Toasted Angel Food Cake in Taste of Home December/January 2001
Sep 16, 2012
Delish! Made this with sugar-free strawberry preserves, too. That was my family's favorite flavor.
Mar 1, 2009
I'm not a fan of PLAIN angel food cake so this was a great way to doctor it up. My family loved it!