Toasted Almond Ice Cream Balls
Total TimePrep: 55 min. + freezing
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place almonds in a shallow dish. Using an ice cream scoop, shape ice cream into balls. Roll each in almonds until well coated. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze.
- For sauce, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot or cold over ice cream balls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 823 calories, 45g fat (21g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 98g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2013
Jul 5, 2013
Fast, Easy and Fabulous treat! I toasted the almonds with 1 Tblspn. ea. butter/sugar. Yield was 6 ice cream balls. If there are any left, seems like they'll freeze well in plastic container. None left here - everyone loved them!