- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 quart French vanilla ice cream
- HOT FUDGE SAUCE:
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place almonds in a shallow dish. Using an ice cream scoop, shape ice cream into balls. Roll each in almonds until well coated. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze.
- For sauce, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Add sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Serve hot or cold over ice cream balls. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forToasted Almond Ice Cream Balls
"Fast, easy and Fabulous treat! I toasted the almonds with 1 Tblspn. ea. butter/sugar. Yield was 6 ice cream balls. If there are any left, seems like they'll freeze well in plastic container. None left here - everyone loved them!"