Toasted Almond Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
"I entered this recipe in a contest that our local newspaper holds each year, and it won first place in the salad division," reports Judy Kisch-Keuten of Beatrice, Nebraska. Toasted almonds and a celery add crunch to the flavorful sandwich filling that's tasty served on English muffins.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 English muffins, split and toasted
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 thin tomato slices
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Top 12 muffin halves with lettuce leaves; spread with chicken salad. Top with tomato slices and remaining muffin halves. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 213 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Toasted Almond Chicken Salad Sandwiches
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC