To Make Pie Pastry
Making pastry is a very easy and will be flaky and delicious. Just follow directions on how to prepare your specific pie.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- Single Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Double Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 2 to 2-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place the pastry mix in a medium bowl. With a fork, gently mix in just enough water to moisten dry ingredients. Form into a ball. For ease of handling, wrap and chill until ready use. Roll out as for standard pastry. Follow specific recipe directions (for single or double crust) to fill and bake pie. Or bake without filling at 400° for 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 13 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as To Make Pie Pastry in Country Woman May/June 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.