- Single Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Double Crust (8-inch to 10-inch pie):
- 2 to 2-3/4 cups Basic Pastry Mix
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place the pastry mix in a medium bowl. With a fork, gently mix in just enough water to moisten dry ingredients. Form into a ball. For ease of handling, wrap and chill until ready use. Roll out as for standard pastry. Follow specific recipe directions (for single or double crust) to fill and bake pie. Or bake without filling at 400° for 10 minutes or until the pastry is light golden brown.
1 piece: 13 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.