Tipsy Iced Coffee
My family loves this frozen coffee with Amaretto and whipped cream. Serve it at brunch or as an after-dinner treat.—Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk coffee, amaretto and 1/4 cup sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, stir mixture with a fork; spoon into glasses. Top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Tipsy Ice Coffee in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.