Tipsy Iced Coffee
My family loves this frozen coffee with Amaretto and whipped cream. Serve it at brunch or as an after-dinner treat.—Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk coffee, amaretto and 1/4 cup sugar. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze 1 hour. Stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, stir mixture with a fork; spoon into glasses. Top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Not sure which brand of coffee to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with 2 tablespoons whipped cream: 165 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Tipsy Ice Coffee in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine