Tin Roof Fudge Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- PEANUT LAYER:
- 20 caramels
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and salted peanuts, optional
- 3 caramels
- 5 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; stirring until smooth. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of crust; refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- For peanut layer, in a small saucepan, melt caramels and cream over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Spoon into pie shell; refrigerate.
- For chocolate layer, in a microwave, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Carefully fold a third of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture; fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spread over peanut layer; refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream and peanuts if desired.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, melt caramels, cream and butter over low heat. stirring until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 612 calories, 44g fat (21g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 14, 2013
This has to be the best pie ever.All my guests can't get over that I had made it..they thought that it came from the DQ..It tastes so much like the peanut butter parfait..It is excellant.We have company every summer from Ontario,and he requests this pie every year..Thank you
Jul 9, 2013
This pie is so good..It tastes like you died and went to heaven..I have made this pie many times over the years..Nice to see it in print..
Oct 1, 2009
All I can say is EXCELLENT! This is a great pie, the sweet, the salty...you can't go wrong...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.