Tin Roof Crunch
When I combined these ingredients, it reminded me of Tin Roof ice cream. Friends said that it's the perfect name for my snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Cocoa Puffs
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine cereals and peanuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; cook on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Break into pieces; add chocolate chunks. Store in an air tight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 318 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Tin Roof Crunch in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.