Reports Dorothy Bateman of Carver, Massachusetts, "These creamy pre-filled potato shells can be quickly thawed, then baked as a side dish to go with a steak or any meat."
Recommended: 20 Ways to Make Potatoes on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large potatoes, baked
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional melted butter or margarine
- Cut hot potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash pulp until smooth. beat in sour cream, cheese, onion, milk, butter, parsley and salt. Fill shells; brush with butter. Cover and refrigerate. Wrap shells individually in plastic wrap; place in freezer containers. Freeze. To serve, thaw and place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden and heated through. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Time-to-Spare Spuds in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p21