- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crumbled blue cheese or cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, wine, sugar, lemon juice, thyme sprig and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard thyme sprig.
- Combine the flour, pepper and remaining salt; sprinkle over tilapia. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with strawberry sauce and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTilapia with Strawberry-Thyme Sauce
"Truly unique combination of flavors! With no white wine, I had to modify the recipe. I thought iced tea would work well with the strawberry, and it did! I also used about 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme directly into the sauce, because I didn't have fresh. While strong, the flavor of the sauce didn't overwhelm the flavor of the fish, which can easily be done with tilapia. This is nicely balanced. Prep is simple, and it all comes together in less than 30 minutes. A real winner!"