Tilapia with Spinach for Two
You'll love this delicious restaurant-quality meal. Since it’s all cooked in the same skillet, cleanup won’t be chore at all. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in the egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 424 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Tilapia with Spinach in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010
May 26, 2015
We enjoyed this. It was fast and easy and the seasoning was very good. We'll definitely make it again soon.
May 12, 2012
This was a good, solid recipe. Loved the spinach.
Dec 2, 2011
It was good!!