Tilapia with Spinach for Two
You'll love this delicious restaurant-quality meal. Since it’s all cooked in the same skillet, cleanup won’t be chore at all. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and paprika. Dip fillets in the egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, pepper flakes, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with fillets; sprinkle with walnuts.
May 26, 2015
We enjoyed this. It was fast and easy and the seasoning was very good. We'll definitely make it again soon.
May 12, 2012
This was a good, solid recipe. Loved the spinach.
Dec 2, 2011
It was good!!