Tilapia with Green Beans Amandine
Japanese bread crumbs give tilapia a light, crispy coating that doesn’t overpower the delicate fish. Lemony green beans are the ideal complement to this delightful entree. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Sprinkle fillets with salt. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley and thyme. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, garlic and lemon juice until blended; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute beans in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and pour over beans. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 900mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Jul 2, 2012
The whole family enjoyed this recipe...will definitely make again. I used frozen green beans as that's all I had on hand & they were great.
Dec 12, 2010
'Simple and Delicious'!!!!