VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- Place tilapia in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix chili powder, salt, cumin and pepper; sprinkle over fish. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl; stir in beans, corn and salsa. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, stirring once, 2-3 minutes Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tilapia with Fiesta Rice in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014, p2-5