Tortilla chips, chili powder and cayenne pepper lend to the Mexican flavor of this snack mix, while corn syrup and brown sugar add a bit of sweetness. I like to package it in holiday tins to give as gifts.—Beverly Phillips, Duncanville, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups bite-size tortilla chips
- 3 cups Crispix
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine the popcorn, tortilla chips, cereal and nuts.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Cool on waxed paper. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 274 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Tijuana Tidbits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.