Tiered Cheese Slices
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) deli-style cheddar cheese slices (about 3 inches square)
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce and salt. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- On a 12-in. square of aluminum foil, place two slices of cheese side by side; spread with 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Top with two cheese slices. (Save remaining cheese slices for another use.)
- Fold foil around cheese and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut in half lengthwise and then widthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 83 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 8, 2018
This does take some time to make but it was worth it. I wasn't sure of the cranberries but they add nice color and texture.
Jan 2, 2011
I've made these a few times and they're a hit each time.
Sep 27, 2010
took some time to make but was so flavorful.Guests loved this. You have to be a cream cheese fan though
Jun 26, 2010
Gosh that's pretty!!! I have saved it to favorites and will try it at our next get-together. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.