- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) deli-style cheddar cheese slices (about 3 inches square)
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, hot pepper sauce and salt. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- On a 12-in. square of aluminum foil, place two slices of cheese side by side; spread with 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Top with two cheese slices. (Save remaining cheese slices for another use.)
- Fold foil around cheese and seal tightly. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cut in half lengthwise and then widthwise into 1/4-in. slices. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forTiered Cheese Slices
"This does take some time to make but it was worth it. I wasn't sure of the cranberries but they add nice color and texture."
"I've made these a few times and they're a hit each time."
"took some time to make but was so flavorful.Guests loved this. You have to be a cream cheese fan though"
"Gosh that's pretty!!! I have saved it to favorites and will try it at our next get-together. Thanks!"