Thymed Zucchini Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, onion and bouillon; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with herbs.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 53 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 8, 2019
Very delicious! I would say it makes 2 servings, and I feel that I still want to eat more of it! I used 3 zucchinis, a tablespoon of chicken bouillon, dried thyme, and sweet onion. I am looking forward to cooking this meal again!
Aug 13, 2016
Quite good. I used the dried thyme and it absorbed into the zucchini well. I might not dice the onion so finely next time, but plan on making it a staple side dish.