Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
Makes10 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed (about 9 cups)
- 3 cups sliced sweet onions (about 1-1/2 large)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine vegetables. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 151 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2018
Tasty! Will definitely make again!
Apr 4, 2015
Amazing! So easy! Great without onions.~ Theresa
Jan 7, 2015
I love the combination of butter and olive oil. I keep fresh thyme in a container year round so I can have fresh herbs for this kind of recipe. To add more flavor split the amount of potatoes with even amounts of sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Much more robust. Plus, all the veges can be prepped the day ahead so you can throw this in the oven when you get home from work and have a great winter warm meal.
Dec 13, 2013
Thank you, Jasmine for this recipe. I make roasted vegetables all of the time to use in ratatouille, caponata, and pasta sauce. I would serve it with rice as a side. Anyway, I never THOUGHT of roasting some potatoes with the usual veggies. So good, and so easy!