Total TimePrep: 10 min. Broil: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter with olive oil; add the lime juice, thyme, lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Brush with sauce. Broil 6-7 in. from heat for 15-20 minutes on each side or until the chicken juices run clear, basting frequently.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2018
BBQ'd it and came out FANTASTIC! Would marinade over night for a little more of the thyme-lime flavor if not broiling.
Oct 19, 2010
It was kind of dry. I think baking might be better rather than broiling.
Sep 24, 2010
How come there was a pan full of juice when I baked it? I realize the recipe calls for broiling, but I haven't broiled much & was afraid of overcooking them.
Sep 28, 2009
I'm glad to be the first to post on this recipe, and let me say that everyone should put this one in their "Blue Ribbon" file - it's easy, elegant, and has outstanding taste! The fresh lime juice, lime peel and thyme make the recipe. I used boneless breast halves and baked them rather than broiled, but I'll try it that way next time. Everyone should try this one.