Thyme Chicken Marsala Recipe
Here's a quick little recipe with restaurant presentation and flavor, perfect for impromptu entertaining. Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas sautes flattened chicken breasts and serves them atop julienned carrots and peppers. The simple wine sauce goes together in minutes.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Add flour and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; shake to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute carrot and yellow pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to two serving plates; keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; place over vegetables. Add wine and thyme to the pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 285 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Thyme Chicken Marsala
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC