Thyme Chicken Marsala
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Add flour and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; shake to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and yellow pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to two serving plates; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; place over vegetables. Add wine and thyme to the pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 285 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2015
This was very easy and quick to put on table on a weeknight! Kids ate it all!! I added more garlic and some butter when cooking chicken. But that's just me. It's a keeper!