Here's a quick little recipe with restaurant presentation and flavor, perfect for impromptu entertaining. Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas sautes flattened chicken breasts and serves them atop julienned carrots and peppers. The simple wine sauce goes together in minutes.
Recommended: 30-Minute Chicken Breast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 small sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Add flour and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; shake to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and yellow pepper in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and remaining salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to two serving plates; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; place over vegetables. Add wine and thyme to the pan; cook for 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Thyme Chicken Marsala in Country Woman November/December 2006, p41
Reviews forThyme Chicken Marsala
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review