Three-Vegetable Pasta Sauce
In an effort to sneak vegetables into my family’s food, I created this zesty sauce of cauliflowerets, baby spinach and tomatoes. —Chase Miller, Gatesville, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place cauliflowerets in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 10-12 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor; process until pureed. Transfer to a large saucepan; stir in tomatoes, spinach, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 2 hours or until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without pasta): 61 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Three-Veggie Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home 5-Ingredient Cookbook RTL 2015