- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Stir in soup, water and onion soup mix. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forThree-Step Stroganoff
"This is easy and very tasty. A keeper! Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"My whole family loves this recipe. I have made it numerous times and it is always good."
"I loved it, husband did not care for the onion flavor. I don't think it was that strong but the next time I make it will probably only use 1/2 pkg of onion soup mix."
"My family loves this recipe - my four year old asks for this every week! And its sooo easy!"
" I will have to try this.
"Love this recipe! It is easy to make and a great fast meal when you need it. Everyone that I have made it for loves this dish, even the picky eaters!"
"I always loved it when my mom made this recipe for our family. Now that I am married and have a home of my own it is still a regular item on our menu."