Three Potato and Onion Salad
We love this creamy salad because it has sweet potatoes in it. When I bring it to parties, people are always commenting on how good it is and asking for the recipe. —Jill Fox, Wellington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green onions, celery, green pepper and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as MY THREE POTATO SALAD in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America RTL 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.