Three-Pepper Pasta Toss Recipe
Red, yellow and green peppers lend a pleasant sweetness to Sandy's suggested side dish, Three-Pepper Pasta Toss. Ideal alongside the savory chops, this lightly coated medley complements most any meal. "It's simple, looks good and tastes wonderful," she comments. "I keep the ingredients on hand because Jeff likes it as a meatless main course."
- 8 ounces uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 1 each large sweet red pepper, yellow pepper and green pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook peppers and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in the vinegar, sugar, salt, basil and pepper. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 165 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Three-Pepper Pasta Toss
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC