Three-Pea Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Brightly colored peas makes a beautiful addition to a springtime table. A tarragon dressing keeps this salad on the lighter side.—Mary Wilhelm, Sparta, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sour cream, oil, tarragon and honey; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add sugar snap peas, frozen peas and edamame; cover and boil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Divide salad greens among four plates. Top with pea mixture and radishes; drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 138 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Three-Pea Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.