Three-Nut Cherry Slices
The men in my family always like this refrigerator cookie. I'm always happy to make a batch for them. --Sue Megonigle
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound red candied cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped walnuts, Brazil nuts and hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the cherries and nuts.
- Shape into three 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 67 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Three Nut Cherry Slices in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook