- 1 boneless chuck roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pork shoulder roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds), trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley or 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh oregano or 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown beef, pork and sausage in oil; drain. Add onions; cook until tender. Add the tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until beef and pork are tender. For 4-6 people, serve 4 cups of the meat sauce over 1 pound of cooked and drained spaghetti. Refrigerate or freeze remaining sauce (may be frozen up to 3 months). Yield: 18 cups.
Reviews forThree-Meat Sauce
"Muffintop: I do the same for my speghetti sauce except I haven't used the pork but I add mushrooms."