Three Loaves in One Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- FOR BLUEBERRY BREAD:
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- FOR CINNAMON BREAD:
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1. Coat three 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Whisk the egg, orange juice and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer 3/4 cup batter to another bowl; stir in the zucchini, orange peel and cinnamon. Pour into one prepared pan. Transfer 3/4 cup batter to a second bowl. Toss blueberries with flour; fold into batter. Pour into second pan. Combine honey and orange juice; set aside.
- 3. Stir sour cream into remaining batter; spoon half of the batter into third pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake all three loaves at 325° for 33-36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Pour reserved honey mixture over warm blueberry bread. Cool loaves for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
- 5. Whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over cooled cinnamon bread. Yield: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Three Loaves in One
"i made all three recipes and it was so nice to have such a recipe that can be used so many different ways. i really like the blueberry bread and would make it again and again"
"I've made this many times, and it's always delicious!"