When my three daughters were young, they each wanted me to make cookies with their favorite ingredient. One day I decided to combine chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal into one cookie. They all loved the results! —Leota Hall, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 186 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.