Three-Fruit Sundae Sauce Recipe
We brought back some from a trip to Wisconsin, and I wanted to make something besides pie. I dreamed up this bright-red sauce that blends rhubarb with strawberries, oranges, cinnamon and lemon peel. It's wonderful over vanilla ice cream. -Sharron Trefren Grand Bay, Alabama
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, rhubarb, strawberries, oranges and lemon peel until blended. Stir in the water and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 7 cups.
2 tablespoons: 36 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Three-Fruit Sundae Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC