A pantry staple -biscuit mix- makes this dessert from Jean Komlos of Plymouth, Michigan, a snap. Liven it up with miniature chocolate chips and the summer's freshest berries and fruits.
Recommended: 12 Shortcake Recipes for Berry Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix and chocolate chips; stir in milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In another large bowl, combine fruits and lemon juice. Add confectioners' sugar; toss to coat. Split shortcakes horizontally in half; spoon fruit over bottom halves. Replace tops. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Three-Fruit Shortcakes in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p43