- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugars, milk and cubed butter. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate until melted. Fold in pecans. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forThree-Chocolate Fudge
"Wonderful fudge. Truly is a 'best fudge ever' recipe. easy (relatively speaking) to make and sets up quickly in the fridge. I make it in a 9 x 13 pan and it is just as good-thicker chucks, but just as yummy. I also learned to toss the nuts in when blending in the chocolate. Sometimes the fudge starts to set and the nuts don't quite get incorprated. This is a great fudge."
"This is the easiest and best fudge I have ever made."
"This is THE best fudge I have ever made. It's so rich and creamy and doesn't have that gritty texture I tend to get with other recipes. I did use 2 ounces of white chocolate instead of the additional 2 ounces of chopped semi sweet. I also used light brown sugar and skipped the nuts. It makes so much that I was able to give some away and keep plenty! This will be the only fudge I will ever make again!"
"Each year like to include a new Fudge recipe to my chocolate Tray This was a very choice for this years pick. I did make a few changes based on what I had on hand. I used White chocolate as the third choice. I used mini Marshmallows and Light brown sugar. This is very rich and wonderful fudge. One recipe that I will make again. Its very adaptable and it sets up perfectly. I also used buttered parchment paper. Be sure to use enough paper to create an over hang. This makes it Much easier to remove the fudge from the pan. It cuts into perfect clean cuts when properly chilled.I will be making this one again.Happily tested in my KitchenTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"I have made this for more than 20 years. Maybe there is a mistake in the 2 semisweet chocolates. Mine calls for 2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate (I use Bakers). Also Mamie Eisenhower's fudge uses only Baker's German chocolate bars. Used to make it till I discovered this one. Like it better cause marshmallows are less messy to use than marshmallow creme. In fact, I'm getting ready to make my yearly 20 batches??."
"Great recipe! Making sure you are patient with the caramel sauce is key. It must come to a rapid boil in order to set. It's hard to stop yourself from eating more than one piece!"
"My daughter was looking for a yummy fudge recipe. She was super happy with the result! I do not make fudge usually, have only tried one other recipe and this was very good and came out perfect."
"I haven't had luck in the past with fudge recipes. But, this recipe turned out great! Yum!"
"There is only one reason I joined. To say this is the worst fudge I have ever made. Followed directions to the T. It never set up, could not even spoon it out, it was even too sticky and thick to work with to salvage it. In the trash it went. Such a total waste of money, time and effort. Never will I use this or any other Taste of Home recipes. So annoyed!!"
"I have a fudge recipe that is a favorite with friends and family but wanted to try something different. I made this recipe exactly as written and I'm delighted with the results. It seems to be better after a couple of days in the fridge. Take it out and let it warm a bit so it will cut nicely. Thanks for sharing. This recipe has gone into my box of favs."