Three-Chili Turkey Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 taco shells, warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the beer, chili sauce, chilies, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon turkey mixture into taco shells; top with lettuce and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 379 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 11, 2016
The few leftovers we had were gobbled up quickly, which indicates it was a hit. The flavor had a touch of sweetness to it, which is nice if you are wanting something a bit different than normal tacos.
Feb 25, 2015
I loved these,but have to give less than five b/c my picky boys, and husband did not like it. Loved the flavors. made a taco salad with the leftovers the next day.
Jan 25, 2013
I had to make a couple of changes because of the sodium content for our family but I really liked this recipe. It was quick and smart. I can't use any alcohol even in cooking so I just replaced the beer with unsalted veggie broth and chili sauce (store bought) has lots of sodium so I made a little of the same with no-salt tomato paste and Mrs. Dash no-salt chili mix, of course I omitted the salt in the recipe and used low-sodium Worcestershire. Nice part is I cooked quite a bit of ground turkey in the micro and after draining I put half in my freezer before adding seasoning to use for sloppy joes (low-sodium of course) next week.
Jan 17, 2013
My family LOVES this recipe... even my 5 and 8 year old sons who are horribly picky. We don't change anything... just add lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and salsa for toppings. Yum!
Apr 4, 2012
These are amazing! They are the only tacos I make now. We make them a couple times a month. The leftovers are tasty too.
Mar 12, 2012
good! somewhat of a cross between sloppy joes & taco meat. we used pitas for the shells yum!
Jan 1, 2012
I do not like spicy foods, but I want out of the box and these were amazing. I will be making these again soon.
May 29, 2011
This taco filling is very tasty and would also be good on a bun.
Mar 20, 2011
You can't just eat 1 taco! This wonderful and easy recipe. The meat mixture freezes really well so you can warm it up on a busy weeknight. - Laura (Melrose Park, IL)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.