My daughter has given me many great recipes, but this is one of my favorites. Although these tasty twists look like you fussed, convenient frozen dinner rolls hurry along the preparation. I usually serve them with chili, but they're great with a salad, too. -June Poepping, Quincy, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 24 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter and garlic salt. In another shallow bowl, combine cheeses and parsley. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dinner roll into a 10-in. rope. Dip in butter mixture, then in cheese mixture.
- Fold each rope in half and twist twice; pinch ends together to seal. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Three-Cheese Twists in Quick Cooking November/December 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.