Three Cheese Tomato Melt
I love to make this open-faced sandwich for myself or unexpected guests...especially when homegrown tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Try it for lunch or a snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 bagels or English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder; set aside. Place a tomato slice on each bagel half; broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tomato is warm. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over each tomato; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.