Three Cheese Tomato Melt
I love to make this open-faced sandwich for myself or unexpected guests...especially when homegrown tomatoes are ripe on the vine. Try it for lunch or a snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 bagels or English muffins, split and toasted
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder; set aside. Place a tomato slice on each bagel half; broil 5 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until tomato is warm. Spread about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over each tomato; broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Three Cheese Tomato Melt in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.