Three-Cheese Tomato Garlic Bread
Topped with tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts, these sumptuous slices can kick off dinner as an appetizer or accompany your favorite pasta dish. Just add a nice bottle of Chianti.—Sarah Sparks, Elgin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes16 appetizer servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Combine butter and garlic; brush over cut sides of bread. Place on two ungreased baking sheets.
- Spread with pesto and spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 400° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 192 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Tomato French Garlic Bread Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.