- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (one 28 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the next 10 ingredients. Divide the small jar of spaghetti sauce between two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes.
- Stuff shells with the cheese mixture and place in a single layer over sauce. Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forThree-Cheese Shells
"I only used the large jar of sauce. I kept out the green peppers, but sauteed some to serve with them. One 7 x 11 pan and one 9 x 13 pan were perfect. Mushroom-hater in the family had no idea there were mushrooms in the shells. I will be making this again."
"Delicious . I love this recipe. It freezes and also reheats well. I have made it many times sometimes with the mushrooms sometimes without don't use the green pepper as I don't care for it in the recipe"
"Tried this but found the spaghetti sauce to be too heavy. Substituted marinara sauce and 1/4 c. water. Also used fresh basil instead of dried."
"Loved it's flavor & simplicity. Delicious!"
"Very sipkle to make packed full of flavor! So delicious...."